Parent Child Classes
Thursday or Friday Mornings 9:15 to 11:30. Please contact Amy Flaum in the Admissions Office for more information 518-672-7092 x111.
Parents and children (18 months - 3 years) are invited to join our early childhood educators for a morning of play, song, puppet stories and sharing snack (delicious apple crisp!) followed by a walk to the farm. Learn about child development, meet new friends, and enjoy the calves, horses and baby pigs.
Experience a morning of play, crafts and conversation with other parents and their young children.
Together we will:
- Guide the children towards social play
- Prepare a delicious seasonal snack
- Work with music and language development through songs, finger games, rhymes, and small puppet shows
- Create simple seasonal crafts
- Enjoy outdoor play and walks to the farm to see the animals, gardens, and greenhouses
The first three years of life are a wonder-filled time when the child's greatest desire is to experience the world through his or her own efforts. These programs offer an opportunity for children and parents to share an educational experience in a supportive and peaceful environment and for parents to move forth in parenting with confidence. Hawthorne Valley Early Childhood Program faculty offers a range of support programs for young families. Please contact Amy Flaum in the Admissions Office for more information; call 518-672-7092 x111 or email her here.