Hawthorne Valley has the distinction of being one of the smallest member schools in the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) in the entire state. Our region is part of Section 2 of the NYSPHSAA and we participate in the Central Hudson Valley League (CHVL) for Boys and Girls Volleyball and for Boys and Girls Basketball. Our students run Cross Country in the Patroon Conference and play soccer as a partner of the Roe Jan Soccer Club in the Capital District Youth Soccer League.
For a school our size, we have very competitive and successful sports teams. For example, in the Fall 2010, our runners captured the Patroon Conference Championship; we’re looking forward to another big season this year!
For more information about Athletics at Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School email the Athletics Director, Max Leiber.
- Girls & Boys Cross Country (Modified & Varsity)
- Girls’ Volleyball (Modified, Varsity)
- Boys’ Basketball (Modified, Varsity)
- Girls’ Basketball (Modified, Varsity)
- Boys’ Volleyball (Varsity)
- Club Soccer (Girls under 14, Boys under 16, Girls under 17, Boys under 19)