Boy’s Modified Basketball Coach
Hawthorne Valley Athletics Program is seeking to hire a modified boys’ basketball coach for winter 2015-2016. The Modified Boys Basketball Program operates after-school between 3 and 7 PM with games scheduled throughout the week. Some weekend hours are required. Travel is required to practices and home games. Bus transportation is provided to away games.· The Basketball season runs from the middle of November through the middle of February. The Boys Basketball position will include a paid stipend.
Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic boys’ modified basketball coach who will be responsible for implementation of afterschool practices and games within the program. The coach will lead students in a positive manner to develop skills and knowledge of the game. Candidates will have experience in the sport, and enrich the participants experience with their knowledge. The Boys Basketball Coach will demonstrate excellent communication skills with school officials, parents, students, and program officials and have a high sense of professionalism.
1. Experience in playing and coaching the game of basketball.
2. A high sense of professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue the Boys Basketball Program as directed by the Athletic Director.
- Provide an enriching basketball program that supports the school’s mission statement.
- Attend all practices, games, and meetings related to the position.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the Athletic Director, program personnel, students, families and other staff members.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Assist the Athletic Director in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all participants.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the Athletic Director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records and all other paperwork as instructed by the Athletic Director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by checking equipment before, during, and after the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Taylor Race, Athletic Director.